There are so many different ways to make a delicious vegan macaroni cheese and since it’s the pumpkin season, I’m going to share with you one of my favourites! Pumpkin or squash is perfect for this time of year. It’s warming and oh so comforting so it’s makes the perfect addition to macaroni cheese.
To make this delicious bake…
- Preheat oven to 230 degrees Celsius. Cook your macaroni according to the instructions on the packet, then drain and set aside.
- Coat the pumpkin pieces lightly in vegetable oil and place them on a baking tray. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes until tender and allow to cool to room temperature. Leave the oven on because you will use it shortly for the bake.
- Once the pumpkin has cooled, place it in a blender or processor along with the mylk, vegetable stock, 1/2 cup nutritional yeast, onion powder, lemon juice, garlic and sea salt, and blend until smooth.
- Place the macaroni in an oven-safe baking dish and stir the sauce through making sure it is evenly distributed and all of the pasta is coated evenly.
- Combine 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast with the breadcrumbs and spread an even layer on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20- 25 mins until the top has browned slightly.
- When it’s ready, serve sprinkled with fresh parsley.