We give a proportion of our profits to charity. These are usually local charities who are dealing with problems such as poverty and homelessness in Brighton or environmental charities who are working to protect our Sussex wildlife.
We are also committed to working within the community through sponsoring many of the wonderful local schemes which are flourishing under initiatives such as the Brighton and Hove Food Partnership. We also take responsibility for our unsold food, donating bread, fruit and veg and other items to homeless shelters and local intercepted food projects.
Throughout the year we also donate gift vouchers and prizes for local Schools and Charities holding fundraising events.
In 2017 we donated £16,986.37
Charities and Projects we donated to in 2017 include:
- Hugletts Farm
- Forest Garden Project
- The Clocktower Sanctuary
- Plot22, Ecotherapy, Nurture Through Nature Project
- Surfers Against Sewage
- Sussex Wildlife Trust (Brighton Bat Box Project)
- Hanover Beer Festival
- Bright Natural Health Center
- Wildlife Rescue
- Brighton & Hove Foods Partnership (Dementia Friendly Garden)
- Sea Shepherd
- World Cetacean Alliance
- Make Change Court (Brighton Housing Trust)
- Organic Research Centre
- Vegan Organic Network
- Taxis paid for left over Bread deliveries to homeless charities (St.Patricks, YMCA, First Base)