This comforting dish made with beautiful roasted vegetables, is warming, yet has a burst of freshness that comes from lemon juice and pomegranate. It’s got so many flavours, that each bite you take is slightly different from the last.
This is such an easy dinner to prepare, yet it looks really impressive, so it’s great for serving to guests. The recipe is perfect for a meal for 2, but works really well doubled and served on a big platter for a dinner party or gathering.
- Preheat your oven to 230 degrees celcius and prep the veg! Cut the potatoes, parsnips and carrots into 1/2 inch cubes/pieces, trim the brussel sprouts and cut them in half, peel the onions and cut them into quarters.
- Toss the potatoes, parsnip, carrots and onion in a bowl with the vegetable oil and some salt and pepper until they are evenly coated. Pour them into a roasting dish and place in the oven for 20 mins. While the root veg are cooking, it’s time to prepare the rest of your ingredients.
- Cut the lemon in 1/2 lengthways, and cut 1/2 into quarters, roughly chop the parsley, remove the pomegranate seeds from the fruit (here is a really easy way to do it!) and roughly chop the pecans.
- After the 20 mins of roasting is done, take the pan out of the oven, add the sprouts and move them all around the tray so that the veg gets turned and the sprouts are spread evenly throughout. Put back in the oven and roast for a further 15 mins.
- While the last bit of roasting is happening, put the pecans in a small frying pan on a medium heat on the hob. Dry toast the nuts for about 5 mins and set aside.
- One the veg is cooked, let it rest for 5 mins out of the oven. Then it’s time to assemble and serve the salad.
- Place a generous layer of rocket leaves on plates.
- Arrange the warm veg on the bed of rocket and drizzle with lemon juice (from the 1/2 lemon).
- Serve the dish topped with a sprinkling of toasted pecans, parsley, pomegranate seeds and a wedge of lemon.
This warm salad tastes amazing served with a giant dollop of hummus on top too.
If you like this recipe, click below so you can share it with others!